Monday, August 29, 2011

Vocabulary & Spelling Words

Vocabulary Words:
1. nutrient: sugars/carbohydrates, proteins, & fats found in foods that keep cells alive (noun)
2. factor: a number multiplied with another number to give a product answer (noun)
3. deposit: put money into a checking or savings account (verb)
4. balance: how much money is in an account (noun)
5. endorsement: signature on the back of a check that allows it to be cashed or deposited (noun)
6. debit: an entry in an account showing a balance (noun)
7. overdraft: when you write a check for more money than you have in your account and the check "bounces" (verb)
8. legislative branch: (noun) the branch of government that makes the laws (congress-senators/representatives)
9. executive branch: (noun) the branch of government that carries out or enforces the laws (president)
10. judicial branch: (noun) the branch of government that interprets the laws so that they are fair (judges)

Spelling Words:
Practice prefixes and suffixes
Practice singular and plural words
Practice synonyms of spelling words
Practice short vs. long vowel sounds

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Reese this is Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! Hope the word study is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms.Reese thanks for the definitions it helps me alot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad, Alyssa! Keep on rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ms.Reese im so glad you put up those definitions i turned in the weekly homwork active reader report

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeeeet!! Great job on homework, Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I have been making flash cards for the words and it is easier to study now

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!