Friday, August 19, 2011

WHAT TIME IS IT?

GAME TIME!!

Today was a special day as 5th graders completed their first full week of school and received their green T-shirts with this year's theme. We took pictures on the playground to commemorate the occaison. Once I receive permission slips, I can post the picture for all to see. If you could help off-set the cost of your child's T-shirt by sending in $7 next week we would greatly appreciate it. We hope you enjoy this special 5th grade tradition at Pine Ridge!

If you did not attend Curriculum Night, Thursday folders were sent home today with your child. Please review all paper work each time it is sent home and return it the very next school day. Sign the back in the appropriate row so I know you have seen it. Items that need to be returned ASAP include:

  • All PRE Back to School Paperwork and $9 fee money to cover the cost of student planners and a year long subscription to Scholastic News
  • Classroom paperwork (yellow and purple info. sheets)
  • Ameritowne Permission Slip (neon green) and $23 fee to offset the cost of the trip
  • T-shirt money ($7)
Finally, if you are interested in volunteering in the classroom, please let me know. It has been the a GREAT week and I have LOVED getting to know all of my new students. I know this is going to be THE BEST year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!