Friday, October 7, 2011

Weekly Homework for October 7-14

Dear 5th Graders and Families,
Monday and Tuesday we will have Shop Meetings for Ameritowne from 9:30-11:00. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered to help. We also want to thank all of our Job training volunteers and field trip chaperones. We couldn’t do it without you!
We want to invite you to the PTO meeting on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The fifth grade will be presenting information on Ameritowne.
On Thursday, the day of the field trip, please arrive at 8:45 a.m. and check in with your teacher in your classroom so s/he can take attendance. We will board the buses at 9 a.m. Pack a totally disposable lunch (no lunch boxes or coolers) to bring with you.  
On Friday, October 14 at 10:00 a.m. we will celebrate our field trip with a slide show, videos, and employee of the day awards. We will reflect on our business outcomes and our experience. Please join us in the 5th grade rooms if you are able to make it that day.
Below you will find your shortened homework for this week. All homework is due on Friday so be sure to budget your time accordingly. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Remember Fall Break is October 15-30. Be safe, have fun, and ENJOY!!! J

Vocabulary: We will not have vocabulary words or a test this week.
Word Work/Spelling:  We will not have spelling words or a test this week.   

Writing: Homework this week will be to revise and edit your Personal Narrative piece. Be sure to take your writing home, read/revise with your family, and return your work to school each day in your writing folder. You cannot work on it in class if you leave it at home! When we return from fall break, we will turn our final piece into a “published” book and have an author’s celebration.

Reading: In order to become a better reader, you must read! Each night you should read a book of your choice for at least 20 minutes. Please complete the Active Reader Report activity worksheet based on the book you are reading. Be sure to support your answers with examples from the text!
Social Studies: We will not have geography this week.
Science: The post test on the Living Systems Unit will be this Wednesday. A study guide is on the back of this letter. If you know this information well, you should be successful on the test. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Reese. Are you enjoying your cruise? I am SO glad that I am on fall break while my brother has to go to school! Now we are even! But, my brother will be all meanb to me about this. See you in a while. Enjoy your cruise with your family!
    -
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!