Monday, November 28, 2011

Parent Volunteers Needed at PRE

Two great opportunities to volunteer...

#1 
Nurse Diane will be doing a second height and weight check of students on Wednesday, November 30 and she is in need of 2 morning volunteers and 2 afternoon volunteers. 

The morning session is from 9:10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
The afternoon session is from 12:10 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Please reply if you would like to help and let me know which session is preferable.
#2
Our Holiday Gift Shop will be open December 5-9 for the students to shop for their friends and family.  In order to make this event a success, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!  The students are allowed to shop during their recess time according to the day that their class is scheduled to shop.  We need enough volunteers to make sure the students get time to shop and make it back to their classrooms on time too.  Please visit the Sign Up Genius website (signupgenius.com) and select "Find A Sign Up".  You will use my e-mail (renee.colvin@yahoo.com) to search for the sign up.  From there, you will be able to select the Holiday Shop Volunteers and see all the available time slots that we need to fill.  You do not have to open an account to use this tool.  I will contact you to confirm and remind you about your time. 
If you know another family member who is not on our PTO Manager list but may be able to help, please forward this on to them. 
Please note that the kindergarten classes shop a bit differently from the other classes.  You do not have to have a kindergartner to help out with those classes.  We need to help everyone shop so please volunteer whenever you can. 
The kids are excited about the Holiday Gift Shop and this is a fun way to volunteer your time.  Holiday attire is not required but encouraged!  :) Feel free to call if you have any questions or trouble using the Sign Up Genius. 
Thank you!
Renee Colvin
720-524-8009/303-345-7388


10 comments:

  1. Ms.Reese do we have to write our 3 paragraphs on seperate pieces of paper? Also is it ok if we pit our first paragraph on the introduction paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Don't worry about what types of paper you use. This is just the rough draft. I will talk about what the final copy should look like tomorrow in class. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms.Reese I started typing my 3 paragraphs and the introduction and is it ok if we do 3 or more paragraphs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.Reese will u post the science test review on the blog? or ur just going to makes us do it from our study guide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn! Wish I had remembered to do that. Sorry I don't have it at home. I hope you brought the study guide home. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ms.reese does our picture have to be drawn about all of our traditions or is one ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That choice is up to you. Illustrate the traditions you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you have to draw a picture or can you print it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please draw a picture for your essay and you can bring in an artifact that you print if you'd like. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!