Monday, November 7, 2011

PTO Announcements

Student Council Canned Food Drive

Student Council will be holding a 4 day food drive to benefit needy families within CCSD.  The food drive is also a friendly competition between grade levels here at Pine Ridge.  The grade level with the most non-perishable food items will be rewarded with an ice cream party!!!!   Each item is worth 1 point.  There will be ONE bonus item (peanut butter) that will earn your grade level 5 points!!!!  The winning grade level is based on the average number of points per student (not total points) due to different number of students at each grade.  Watch the daily totals at the main office.  Good luck and thanks for your support.


Fun Run

Please turn in any last minute envelopes/pledges by Thursday Nov. 10th, thanks again for all of you hard work and dedication to our main fundraiser.

Book Fair

Please visit the book fair this week Monday and Tuesday from 4:00 to 5:30 in the library.  The book fair will be open during conference on Wed. & Thurs. from 4:00 to 7:00. 



REMEMBER  that Teacher Conferences are this week, please contact your teacher if you have not signed up for a conference time.


Veterans Day Celebration will be on Thursday November 10th.


Earning 4 Learning

Here are a couple ways you can help us earn more points for our school:

PURCHASE A SOUTHLANDS GIFT CARD AND EARN 1,000 POINTS Available from the Southlands Management Office or online at shopsouthlands.com. 1,000 bonus points is in addition to the points earned per dollar spent.

EARN 1,000 POINTS WHEN YOU BUY A SANTA PHOTO Visit the Santa Photo Experience, located next to Ted's Montana Grill, log your receipt and earn 1,000 bonus points. Check shopsouthlands.com for special pet photo nights.


Box Tops

We finished up strong with the Box Tops collecting 13,050 total!  The classroom winners were:
1st place - Mrs. Woolnough with 1523
2nd place - Mrs. Crowe with 1269
3rd place - Ms. Mahnke with 767

Way to go!  That's an amazing amount of Box Tops collected!  The next opportunity will be in February.  Thank you for your support!

REMEMBER NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY DUE TO NON CONTACT DAY. HAVE A FUN LONG WEEKEND.  Thank you for all of your continued support.  Please contact PTO if you would like to volunteer or if you have any questions.  Thanks, Your PTO Team
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

20 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Reese. Are teachers alowd to help in the canned food drive cantest? Also it would be cool and funny if we won the canned food drive because we are goining to have a party for completing the chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you Ms.Reese!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms.Reese I hope we win the food drive contest so we can win the Ice-Cream Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MS.REESE I CAN'T BELIVE WE WON THE ICE-CREAM PARTY! YAY FOR 5TH GRADE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ms.reese this is katelyne i was wondering when 5th grade will have the ICE-CREAM PARTY !!!!!!!!!! Also will the students be resposible for for the ICE-CREAM is there only on kind ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SCREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE-CREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is goining to be the BEST school year of my LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAN'T BELIEVE WE WON THE ICE CREAM PARTY!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH WHEN IS THE ICE CREAM PARTY 4 THE 5TH GRADERS???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms.Reese when will be the ice-cream party for 5th grade???? Wow what a AMAZING, FANTASTIC , FUN school year!!!! I think I am going to enjoy 5th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ladies!! Thanks for the bday wishes. It's been a great week!! The ice cream party will be Tuesday, November 22. Get excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!!!!!That is also the day of the leap assembly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I CAN'T BELIVE WE WON THE ICE CREAN PARTY! I NEVER GET THAT LUCKY! BUT WHEN WE WON THE ICE CREAM PARTY I REALIZED IT TOOK TEAM WOEK TO DO IT NOT ONLY ONE PERSON CAN DO IT BY THEMSELF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU ARE SO RIGHT WHO EVER SAID THAT I AM SO PROUD OF THE CLASS ...................... ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE NOVEMBERS YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FAR 5TH GRADE IS SO GREAT MY BROTHER SAID IT WAS A PAIN BUT HE IS SO WWWWRRRROOOONNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well said! Who's brother? Come on now! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ms.Reese I started my spirit bear drawing and its turning out great! also i think i might have all my homework done by Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ms reese in science will the 5th grade have a science fair if we did that would be so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. COOL IDEA! SCIENCE FAIR WOULD BE COOL! But it doesn't matter if u win! It matters that you tried your best (If we had a Science Fair)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ms reese do you think our class will have a science fair???????????????

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!