Monday, January 30, 2012

Reflective Letter Criteria

Please write a reflective letter to me or yourself. It is due tomorrow.

1. Heading, greeting, body, closing, signature
2. Indent all paragraphs
3. Introduction paragraph must have a lead, purpose statement, and thoughtshot/conclusion
  • The purpose must be to reflect on your score (1,2,3,4) based on the student expectations rubric. State 2 strengths you possess and 1 area for growth.
4. Three body paragraphs must have leads. Body 1 must explain strength 1. Body 2 must explain strength. Body 3 must explain your area for improvement. All paragraphs must have thoughtshots/reflective conclusions.
5. Capitalization, Organization, Punctuation, Spelling

11 comments:

  1. For our reflective letter could i write it front and back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you want our name at the top of our paper too or just on the signature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the signature is good. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. Ms.Reese why didnt we check math homework today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too much to do and not enough time!!! We will review it tomorrow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms.Reese i dont know what kind of example i can do for an ally can i do someone like a friend of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, or think about who were allies in our social studies unit. Did you bring your book home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok Thank you also yes i did bring my book home

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ms reese i just wanted to say this is the best year everyou rock



    guess who i am i am tall i have brown eyes you hav watched me grow from 4th to 5th grade. i had a little problem at the start of the new year . i have 6 friends . i am also in your class



    hope you figure it out :p;p;p

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!