Monday, February 13, 2012

Vocabulary Words for Feb. 13-17

  1. plantation-(noun)-a large farm on which crops are grown by free workders or slaves who live on the land
  2. indentured servant-(noun)- a person who works for a period of time to pay off money owned for a debt, such as a passage from Europe
  3. industry- (noun)-a group of business that produce certain goods or services
  4. West Indies- (noun)-islands that lie between SE North America and northern South America, and separate the Caribbean Sea from the Atlantic Ocean
  5. grant- (verb)- to give something to someone of lower rank a s a favor or privilege
  6. assembly-(noun)- a body of lawmakers
  7. apprentice-(noun)-a person who learns an occupation by getting the experience under a skilled worker
  8. dilemma-(noun)- a situation in which a person is forced to make a decision even though he or she does not like any of the choices
  9. crisis-(noun)-emergency
  10. overseer-(noun)-a person who was in charge of the work of slaves and could punish them for disobeying

6 comments:

  1. where did you post all of the names
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    This is Ritika! I was just wondering if I should take the vocabulary test from last week....if I will than I want to start studying. :)

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ritika!! I've missed you! Don't worry about the vocabulary. Safe travels!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ms. Reese!
    I got the homework!
    Ritika

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!