Monday, February 6, 2012

Vocabulary Words for Feb. 6-10

  1. chemical reaction (noun)- when 2 or more materials (chemicals) are mixed together and a change occurs, a chemical reaction has taken place
  2. precipitate (noun)-a solid material that forms as a product of a reaction
  3. change (noun)- the process of becoming something different
  4. serene (adjective)- happy and calm
  5. merged (verb)-came together
  6. mute (adjective)-silent
  7. rebelled (verb)-acted against
  8. granted (verb)- to give something to someone as a favor or privilege
  9. plantation (noun)-a large farm on which crops are grown by free workers or slaves who live on the land
  10. indentured servant (noun)-a person who works for a period of time to pay off money owned for a debt

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Reese!!!!!! I just realized that precipitate is like a homograph. Precipitate is like the chemical way and also the form of water weather!! I learned something new today!!!
    Ritika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that very same connection this morning. Very cool!

      Delete
  2. Me too! I also found out that solution is a homograph! That's because a solution could be used as a clear mixture with all the particles evenly dispersed! Another solution could be a solution to your math problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ms reese i have a big suprise for u when you watch our skit on plymouth katelyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.Reese can we practice our skits one more time tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!