Thursday, March 1, 2012

Weekly Homework for March 5-9

Dear 5th Graders and Families,
It was wonderful meeting with all of our students and families last week during winter conferences. Thank you for all of your support. We could not do it without you!
TCAP Testing is next week, March 12-16. It is extremely important for all students to be at school during this week. Testing sessions will be held in the morning and afternoon, so please take this into consideration when scheduling appointments for your child. Remember to be here at school on time in the morning, eat a healthy breakfast, and get a good night’s rest. We want you to DO YOUR BEST on the TEST!
TCAP SCHEDULE:
Monday Morning: R/Writing Test 1
Monday Afternoon: Math Test 1
Tuesday Morning: R/Writing Test 2
Tuesday Late Morning: Math Test 2
Tuesday Afternoon: Reading/W Test 3
Wednesday Morning: Reading/W Test 4
Wednesday Afternoon: Science Test 1
Thursday Morning: R/Writing Test 5
Thursday Late Morning: Science Test 2
Thursday Afternoon: Reading & Writing Test 6
Friday Morning: Math Test 3
Friday Afternoon: Science Test 3
Nightly Homework:
·         We will NOT have weekly geography, spelling, vocabulary, or Weekly Reader this week or next due to TCAP preparation and testing. J
·         Reading: Please read your class novel and/or a book for fun each night for 20 minutes.
·         Math: Nightly study links will need to be completed as assigned by your teacher.  
This Week:
·         Reading: comprehension, multiple choice, and short constructed response strategies
·         Writing: long essay practice
·         Social Studies: colony billboard presentations; Unit 7 review & assessment
·         Science: Water Planet Investigation 1 on the solar system
·         Math: Review and Unit 12 on Probability

13 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Reese,
    I have two questions for TCAP:
    Are we going to have TCAP practice for reading, math, and science too?
    and
    Are you going to grade our writing practice SCR before the TCAPs?
    Thank you!!!, Ritika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to all of the above! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! Hope you enjoy your day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned so much this school year that I am for the first time excited for TCAP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do great!!! Hope you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms.Reese are you going to send out all the permission slips for the ...Girls party on sign up genuis or in our Thursday Folders because none of my parents mentioned anything about a party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Information will go home Thursday. The party is Friday of next week.

      Delete
  7. Ms.Reese I wanted to ask you a quick question about math
    Question: Tomorrow in class can you tell us if we got the class average in math?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week went by so fast! Probably because of the TCAP preparations but still!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ms reese is our sping break this friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for spring break!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!