Friday, May 4, 2012

Vocabulary Words for May 7-11

Science Words:
  1. convection current- (noun)-a circular current in a fluid caused by uneven heating
  2. atmosphere-(noun)- all of the air that surrounds the Earth
  3. compress- (verb)- to squeeze something so it has less volume
  4. pressure- (noun)- the force of push caused by mvoing molecules
  5. atmospheric pressure- (noun)-the force applied in all directions by the air in Earth's atmosphere
Social Studies Words:

  1. traitor-(noun)- a person guilty of betraying or acting against his or her own country
  2. tyrant- (noun)-a ruler who uses his power harshly
  3. treason- (noun)- the crime of acting to overthrow your ruler or betray your country
  4. Patriots -(noun)- colonists who wanted independence and no longer wanted Great Britain to rule
  5. Loyalists-(noun)- colonists who remained loyal to Great Britain and did not want independence

2 comments:

  1. Ms.Reese I know who wrote the pledge of allegiance!Should I tell you tomorrow or can I tell you on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tell everyone on the blog. Great idea! Way to be a leader and take initiative, Ashley!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!