Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ameritowne Information

We are enjoying our Ameritowne unit in Social Studies and it’s hard to believe, but the field trip is fast approaching! Below you will find some important information about upcoming dates and events regarding Ameritowne. We hope you can join us. Please contact your child’s teacher if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you!
The 5th Grade Team
·         The field trip is Thursday, October 13.

·         All field trip permission slips and money ($23) is due no later than Wednesday, September 28.

·         We are in need of parent volunteers for Job Trainings on October 4th and 5th from 9:30-11:00 here at school. 

·         We are also in need of parent volunteers to help guide Shop Meetings on October 10th and 11th from 9:30-11:00 here at school. 

·         On Tuesday, October 11th the 5th graders will be presenting information about Ameritowne at the Pine Ridge PTO meeting. The presentation will begin at 6:30 in the gym. We ask that any and all students who wish to participate be here at 6:00 p.m. Dress is business casual. We will be practicing for this event during the school day. 

9 comments:

  1. HI MRS.REESE I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT AMERITOWNE AND JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THEFEILD TRIP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI MRS.REESE THIS WAS DUA'S COMMENT ABOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited too. We are going to have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms.Reese do you know if fthe WHOLE5th grade will have another COOL field trip like Ameritowne? This comment was also bye Ashley. IM SO GLAD I GOT PUT IN YOUR CLASS! I JUST HOPE I GET ANOTHER TEACHER LIKE YOU NEXT YEAR IN 6TH GRADE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Thanks, Ashley...you are awesome! Look up 4 other interesting words even if you know what they mean. It's good practice. Not sure about other cool field trips yet, but you never know. Wait and see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ms. Reese! this is ritika! i am so excited for ameritowne!!!! i have one quick question. what are the fifth graders going to do at the pto meeting? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ritika! I'm excited for Ameritowne too! At the PTO meeting we will give a presentation to the parents and teachers about what we've been learning and explain to them how Ameritowne will work. I hope you can make it that night! Ms. Reese

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THE FIELD TRIP TO AMERITOWNE! R U AS EXCITED AS ME!? - THIS IS ASHLEY

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI MRS.REESE WHEN ARE OUR INTERVIEWS FOR AMERITOWN?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!