Monday, September 26, 2011

Vocabulary Words for September 26-30

1. Photosynthesis: (noun) process where green plants make sugar from carbon dioxide and water when light is present
2. Chlorophyll: (noun) a molecule that absorbs red and blue light and reflects green light
3. Cellular respiration: (noun) process where energy for life is released from food in cells
4. Food Groups: (noun) Six groups needed for a healthy diet: grains, vegetables, fruits, oils, milk, and meat / beans
5. Food Pyramid: (noun) an illustration that shows the recommended amounts of food in each group for a healthy diet
6. Sequence: (verb) to put in order or a series
7. Currency: (noun) paper coins and money
8. Portfolio: (noun) all of the stocks, bonds, or mutual funds owned by one investor
9. Stocks: (noun) ownership or share in a company. If the company does well, the stock goes up in price.
10. Commodity: (noun) products like corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, gold, oil, etc. used for investing and trading

1 comment:

  1. Thanks ms.Reese I had to write the rest of the vocabulary words i almost went to last months vocab words

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!