Thursday, October 27, 2011

Report Cards & Conferences Update

I hope everyone is enjoying fall break! I had a wonderful time last week on my cruise. I'm excited to tell you all about it and write lots of "seed ideas" from my vacation in my journal. Be ready to share and write about some of your favorite fall break memories.

Please check your email for important information regarding conferences. The email will direct you to a website for you to sign-up for the time that works best for you. Conferences will be held the week of November 7-11. There is no school for students on Friday, November 11. If these times do not work for you, please contact me via email or phone so we can schedule a different time. Students are required to attend the conference.

Power School will be updated by the end of the weekend. Any missing work must be completed by Tuesday, November 1 or it will negatively impact scores. Report cards will go home Friday, November 4.

Core Content Update:
Science Living Systems Unit Test will go home on Monday. Please sign and return on Tuesday. We will begin our next unit, Mixtures and Solutions, on Tuesday.

Ms. Reese's math class will have a test on Unit 3 on Friday.

We will begin our History Alive curriculum with Unit 1, which is a study of geography. We will be having weekly tests on Friday for social studies. If students participate in class they should be prepared to do well on the assessments.

We will wrap up our personal narrative writing unit and publish them this week. Congratulations, Authors! Our next writing unit will be essay writing.

In reading, we will begin to work with novels in pairs. We will complete in class activities and some of the reading and projects may be a part of the weekly homework assignments. Please continue to review the weekly homework with your child on Monday nights, including the family letter regarding spelling. Also, don't forget to study your spelling and vocabulary words nightly so you are prepared for the tests on Fridays.

I have missed ALL of my students and look forward to a fun day on Monday! :)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Reese! I can't wait to see you after fall break! I can't wait to see my friends! I think I had ENOUGH of fall break! I'm ready to learn! See you in school tommorrow!

    -
    Ashley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready to see everyone and learn too!! See ya in the a.m.!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think im posting late but oh well i really love school!!! and i love to learn abou new things! its so fun! angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ms.Reese where do our parents sign up for confrences? I want to know so my parents can sign up for it. Oh and i ams SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to be back in school! When it was fall break i felt like I was trapped in my house! See you in school.(Ashley)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms.Reese I can't believe that we had no school today. Ms.Reese what is the website for my parents to sign up for the fall conferences?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!