Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weekly Homework for January 17-20

5th Grade Weekly Homework-Due Friday, January 20, 2012
Dear 5th Graders and Families,
We hope everyone had a fun and relaxing long weekend. It’s hard to believe, but February is right around the bend and with that comes our annual Valentine Party. The party will be on Tuesday, February 14 from 1:30-3:00 p.m. in the classroom. If you are interested in helping out, please contact us as soon as possible. Students are encouraged to decorate a box to collect their Valentine cards. Keep in mind that if you choose to bring cards and/or treats that they should be given to everyone in the class. There are 30 students in all three 5th grade classes. Thank you!
Although this is a shortened week, we still have much to do! All homework is due on Friday so be sure to budget your time accordingly. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great week! J

Vocabulary:  There will be no vocabulary words this week.
Word Work/Spelling: This week we will work with frequently misspelled words.

I’m                           that’s                      almost                    wouldn’t
threw                     another                  wear                       probably
let’s                         through                  also                         you’re
its                            very                        where                    your
with                        it’s                           always                    we’re


Staple all 3 assignments together in this order. They are all due on Friday.
·         Write the words in alphabetical order. Then write each word 2 more times.
·         Write a story paragraph using all 20 words. Underline each spelling word.
·         Choose 10 words from the list to look up in the dictionary. Write the two guide words for each of the 10 words.  


Social Studies: Complete the weekly geography worksheet, questions 71-75. Use the provided maps and other resources such as an atlas, globe, or internet websites. Be sure to answer ALL parts of each question!
We will continue learning about European Explorers in Unit 5. Lessons will be very hands-on. It is important to be actively listening and participating in order to do well on the test. No study guides will be given.
Science: Great job on the Crystal Making Project!!!
Reading: In our Daybook textbook, we will continue Unit 2, which focuses on Asking Questions. Read your novel 20 minutes each night to stay on track with your calendar goals. You will have short constructed responses to answer in class. If you do not finish in class, it will be for homework.
Writing:  Feature Article Pre-writing

13 comments:

  1. Hi Ms Reese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You rock!!!!
    I have a question.... For our guide word activity...do we have to write the definition of the word too or just the 2 guide words with it? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ritika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the word and its guide words. Not too bad, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok thank you! And nope... not bad at all!! :)

      Delete
    2. So no definition? Just to make it clear! AWESOME!

      Delete
  3. I got a 95 percent on the History Alive! Only 1 wrong! I am getting good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ms. Reese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How are you?
    I have one more quickk question for our guide words activity in spelling. So I looked up almost in the dictionary and i didn't find anything in there but the definition and the part of speech and how to pronounce the word. What do you mean by the two guide words of each word?
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ritika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guide words are at the top of the page. They're the first and last word on the page.

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks SOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!1 That really helped!

      Delete
  5. Ms.Reese in math do you wnat us to do page 185? Just making sure.Sorry! I was listening in class but i just want to make sure so i do my homwork

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 pages, all of 6.6 in your journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't take home my Thursday folder by accident. Can I come in with my mom before school so she can look at it and sign it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Payton! Good to see you on the blog. It's my fault...forgot to pass them out. So sorry! You can take it home tomorrow afternoon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!