Tuesday, February 28, 2012

PTO Announcements

Can you believe it is almost March, what a whirlwind the past couple of weeks.  Remember that the kiddos will have a short week this week due to parent/teacher conferences......no school Thurs. and Friday.

A BIG THANK YOU to all of the families that send in Valentines Day Goodies for the teachers, they were so happy and really wanted to thank the hospitality group and all of the families that contributed.
LOST & FOUND
Lost and Found is once again getting out of control.  Please check the piles during your conferences this week, the lost and found area is outside of the cafeteria.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Game Shack night/weekend last week.  We had a decent turn out for the last minute function and every little bit helps to support our school and our community businesses.
Take Action Project
Girl Scout troop 4558, third graders at Pine Ridge, voted on their Take Action project: to raise first aid supplies for Nurse Diane at Pine Ridge! The project will run from Monday, 2/27 thru Wednesday, March 7. The girls will place a collection box and posters in the lobby of the school Monday morning. Nurse Diane can use the following items:
  • Band aids
  • Chewable and liquid Tylenol and Ibuprofen
  • Neosporin
  • Benadryl ointment
  • Kleenex
  • Paper Cups

With parent/teacher conferences coming up, this is the perfect time to drop a donation into the collection box. Monetary donations will be used to purchase an ear thermometer and tooth boxes. If you would like to contribute monetarily, please contact the Troop Leader, Nina Minnehan, at 720-982-6434, or ninaminnehan@msn.com.

I think that is it for this week.  Have a great week and enjoy another long weekend! 

Your PTO Team

2 comments:

  1. Ms.Reese is the Mid Year Assessment going to be part of our 3rd trimester grade?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!