Monday, April 16, 2012

Vocabulary Words for April 16-20

  1. capitol (noun)- the main government building where lawmakers meet
  2. craftsman (noun)- a person who works at a job that requires manual or artistic skill
  3. trade (noun)- a craft, or an occupation that requires manual, artistic, or mechanical skill
  4. royal colony (noun)- a colony that is controlled directly by a king or queen, who usually appoints a royal governor
  5. bill (noun)- a draft of an idea for a law that is then considered by lawmakers
  6. earth material (noun)- nonliving substance that makes up or comes from the earth
  7. solar energy (noun)- energy from the sun that takes many forms including visible light and infrared light that can be felt as heat
  8. energy transfer (noun)- the change of energy from one form to another (light to heat), or the movement of energy from one object to another (heat moving from air to water)
  9. heat sink (noun)- a material, such as water, that can absorb a large amount of heat
  10. absorb (verb)- to suck up or take in like a sponge

4 comments:

  1. Ms.Reese, I'm really glad we had to do a hoiday essay! I was writing my rough draft and then i got stuck on my conclusion! So I remembered that we did a Holiday Essay!
    Thank Goodness we did the Holiday Essay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! How did it help you exactly? Is love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the holiday tradition essay helped me because I got stuck on the conclusion so I took my Holiday Tradition Essay and read the whole thing. Then I Saw that the conclusion was basically circiling back to the Introduction!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!