Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Science Study Guide


                                    SCIENCE WATER VAPOR TEST: FRIDAY, April 13, 2012
·         Evaporation can occur at any temperature, but it happens faster at higher temperatures
·         Dew and frost are similar because they both condense from water vapor in the air
·         Dew and frost are different because dew is a liquid and frost is a solid (ice)
·         You can turn liquid water into water vapor faster by:
o   Transferring energy to the water
o   Increasing the surface area of the water
o   Heating the water
·         Warm air holds more water vapor than cool air
·         An independent variable in an experiment is what you are trying to test. It is different in the experiment. For example, we did an experiment on evaporation and surface area was different for boxes 1-4. Surface area was the independent variable in this experiment.
·         Controlled variables are the same for all parts of the experiment. For example, boxes 1-4 were put in the same location and had the same amount of liquid. These were the controlled variables in the surface area experiment.
·         The larger the surface area (bigger surface or more water is exposed to the air), the faster the water will evaporate.
·         Materials dry faster when there is more air movement and a higher temperature.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ms.Reese! Did my cousin come and get my homework for today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but that's okay. The only new assignment that was given was Math SL 12.5 and you can do that tomorrow. We missed you today, Ashley! See you tomorrow!

      Delete
    2. Oh ok! I actully just keep my study link book in my binder! Thanks! See you tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Hey Ms.Reese i was wondering if st is a suffix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it is not a suffix. However, number words like one and two do not follow the rules. :)

      Delete
  3. i feel really good about my score i nknow what i did right and what i did wrong

    your a great teacher oh an i really liked katelynes idea on playing sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really important. I'm glad you've been reflecting on your test. Maybe we can play the game on Thursday or Friday!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!