Monday, April 9, 2012

Vocabulary Words for April 9-13

  1. condensation (noun)- water vapor contacts a cool surface, it condenses and becomes a liquid water (gas becomes a liquid)
  2. frost (noun)- water vapor contacts a surface below freezing (water becomes a solid)
  3. freezing point (noun)- 0 degrees Celcius or 32 degrees Farenheit is the temperature at which water changes state from a liquid to a solid
  4. hull (noun)- the part of a ship that sits below water
  5. remote (adjective)- far away from everything
  6. toxic (adjective)- poisonous, causing severe illness or death
  7. matted (adjective)- tangled or pressed down
  8. tolerated (verb)- put up with
  9. pesticides (noun)- chemicals used to destroy organizms that harm plants
  10. politics (noun)- the activities of governments and the people who work in them

8 comments:

  1. what are we supposed to do for defining of the vocab words do we post them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy them down on the back if the letter I gave you. Now, go to bed! ::)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting them! I can study a lot them in a lot easier way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what time will we be coming back to school tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ms. reese is there a root word to brilliant? would it be bright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bright is not the root word, but they are definitely related. Brilliant and brilliance would be a good adjective pair for your spelling activity. Right on! :)

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year! I am so happy and grateful to be a part of the Buffalo Trail community and especially the wonderful 5th grade team. This is my 2nd year at BTE and my 12th year of teaching. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in Kentucky and Colorado. Before moving to Denver three years ago, I lived in Northern Kentucky near Cincinnati, Ohio. I earned a BS from the University of Kentucky and my MAT from the University of Louisville. In 2007, I became a National Board Certified Teacher with an emphasis in Early/Middle Childhood Reading and Language Arts. In my free time, I love to read, ride my bike, try new restaurants, and go to concerts/sports events. I love cheering my teams on during basketball season, hiking, and skiing. I am loving Colorful Colorado and look forward to our new adventures together!